Chaaya Island Dhonveli wins MATATO Award for Leading Surf Resort for 3rd year in a row.
The Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators awards were held at Kurumba Village resort on 21st November with Chaaya Island Dhonveli again taking out the Leading Surf Resort Award for 2014 following on from the success of 2013 & 2012.
The award categories are decided by 60% judge’s scores with the remaining 40% coming from an online public vote. The MATATO awards are a very prestigious event in Maldives tourism sector and all categories are keenly contested.
This is a great accolade for Chaaya Island Dhonveli and Atoll Adventures the surf tour operator based at Pasta Point in recognising the quality of the surf operation that was established 23 years ago by the late Tony Hussein Hinde. The standard of service and commitment to sustainable surfing tourism through the policy of appropriately limiting numbers to 30 surfers at any time has again been acknowledged in winning this award.
Congratulations to the management and staff of Chaaya Island Dhonveli and to Ashley, Dara, the surf guides and boat crews of Atoll Adventures.